How do I use Owl Connect to link two Meeting Owl Pros?
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro
With Owl Connect (previously called “Pro Connect”), users can connect 2 Meeting Owl Pros to extend the range of the Meeting Owl Pro by 8 feet in any direction.
Watch our video on how to use Owl Connect here.
To begin using Owl Connect to link your two Meeting Owl Pros, you should first ensure the following:
- Both of your Owls are on software version 184.108.40.206 or above.
- Both of your Owls have been registered and have been connected to Wi-Fi at least once since updating to 220.127.116.11.
Only the Primary Owl needs to connect to Wi-Fi once in order to initiate this feature, but both are recommended in case you want to switch Owls at any point.
If the above conditions are met, you can now begin to pair your Owls using Owl Connect:
- Plug your USB cable into your Primary Owl, this will be the Owl that is attached to your host computer and will be at the front of the room, closest to your TV.
- Plug Power adapters into both Owls and plug the adapters into outlets. Wait until the Owl’s eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot.
- Place your Secondary Owl 3-8 feet away from your Primary Owl, without any obstructions in between. This Owl will not be connected to a computer.
Ensure there are no bright backlights or bright overhead lighting above either Owl. The camera lens on top of each Owl must be able to see the other Owl’s eyes blink in order to pair, and this could affect the visibility.
- In the Meeting Owl App, select the Owl that you would like to be your Primary Owl. The Owl’s eyes will blink to indicate that it has been selected.
- Select Owl Connect under Meeting Controls
- Select your Secondary Owl.
- Select PAIR. The Owls will blink at each other during pairing and at the beginning of each meeting to find each other. Ensure there are no obstructions between the Owls.
- A confirmation message will pop up to indicate that the Owls are paired. Select Done.
- In a meeting, you can confirm the Owls are properly paired and visible to one another when the singular Owl logo on the top right of your video is replaced by two bolded Owls.
|Version 18.104.22.168 and below|
|Version 22.214.171.124 and above||