Meeting Owl iOS App software release notes
To determine your Meeting Owl App version, open your app and select the Help Desk icon on the top right of your screen.
Select the Info icon and view App Version.
If your Meeting Owl App is out of date, go to the Apple Store and update your app.
Release date: March 26th, 2021
- Added Select Location step for an enhanced setup experience
- “Failed to Register device” error is resolved
- Updated “Start your Meeting” page in Meeting Owl Tablet App
- Added support for future features
Release date: February 11th, 2021
- Advanced audio settings will no longer falsely show as reset in the iOS app after returning to the Nearby Owls page
- Reduce Residual Echo will now appear in the iOS app
- App icon is updated with new Owl logo
Release date: February 1st, 2021
- Digital Whiteboard: enables Meeting Owl Pro users to turn the Meeting Owl Stage View into a live whiteboard by writing or drawing on an iPad so remote participants can more clearly see meeting notes.
Release date: December 21, 2020
- Dashboard View, a tablet dashboard control feature for the iPad. You can set your tablet home screen to view info about your Owl, and easily access the Camera Controls and Stage Options.
- Permanent toggle for 360° Panoramic Strip
Release date: November 20, 2020
- Bug fixes
- Support for future features
Version iOS 2.8.0(6)
Release date: October 27th
- Camera Lock, 360° Pano toggle and Software Update now prevents sleeping in order to prevent disconnects
- Mobile Refresh Privacy pop-up bug fix
- App now disconnects when phone sleeps or app is closed
Support for future features
Version iOS 2.7.1(2)
Release date: August 28, 2020
- User is now notified that two software updates are required when updating Owls past version 1.7
- Proper messaging when Owl is in a meeting and software update is requested
- Owl Connect Secondary Owl can no longer update it’s software when it is in a meeting
Release date: August 21st, 2020
Feature support for Owl Connect: Ability to pair two Meeting Owl Pros together to expand the video and audio reach of the Meeting Owl Pro to accommodate meetings in larger conference rooms, classrooms, and auditorium spaces. Available in Meeting Owl Pro software release 126.96.36.199
Release date: July 14th, 2020
- New Feature:
- When Passcode Lock is set, Camera Controls will now be set behind the passcode, preventing users with access to the app from accessing this feature unless they have a passcode.
- Support for ability to vertically flip Meeting Owl Pro video, which is included in software release 188.8.131.52.
Release date: June 12th, 2020
- Feature support for the following features in Meeting Owl Pro Software Release 184.108.40.206:
- Added Pan, Tilt and Zoom controls for Camera Lock and Whiteboard Mode feature in the app. You can now control the vertical and horizontal position of the camera, as well as zoom it in and out in the app.
- Disable / Enable 360° Panoramic Strip. 360° Pano can now be disabled and enabled through the Camera Controls section of the Meeting Owl app.
- Bug fix:
- (Meeting Owl Pro) Fixed issue where successful registration is passed to our server from the app, but lock screen on Owl does not clear, allowing you to use the Meeting Owl in your video conferencing platform.
Missing App release info here. We are working to fill this out.
Release date: June 27, 2018
- Support for Passcode Lock
Release date: November 23, 2017
- Support for iPhoneX
Release date: October 24, 2017
- Minor bug fix: Name of Owl will now show up on Analytics tab when Owl is named during setup.
Release date: October 22, 2017
- Launched Meeting Analytics.
- About your Owl section now indicates to user when a software update is available.
Release date: September 26, 2017
- Added background noise suppression option.
Release date: August 5, 2017
- Added option to choose preferred video conferencing platforms in order to optimize Speaker Spotlight performance.
Release date: July 12, 2017
- Usability improvements:
- Added Help Desk pages.
- Added ability to update software via the app in the Check For Updates section under About my Owl.
- Minor bug fixes:
- Owl will now correctly disconnect when resetting Owl through the app.
- Owl will try to auto reconnect to Bluetooth in noisy Bluetooth environments.
Release date: May 17, 2017
- Initial release.