How to turn on noise suppression on the Owl
This article applies to the Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro.
Most office environments work best with Meeting Owl’s noise suppression feature turned off. However, if your Owl is in a room with a constant, unchanging sources of background noise, such as an HVAC system, remote participants may hear the background noise. Turning on noise suppression in the Meeting Owl app will address this issue.
- Download or open the Meeting Owl app
- Meeting Owl Pro: Determine what version of software is on your Owl. Owls on version 22.214.171.124 or below will need to be updated before you can use this feature. Using this feature on older versions will negatively impact the Owls microphones and a software update will be necessary.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby Owls list.
- Select About your Owl.
- Under Version, view Software Version.
- From within the About your Owl screen, tap the Software Serial row 5 to 8 times quickly.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Under Debug, select Audio Settings.
- Tap the Enable noise suppression switch to turn on noise suppression.