I don’t see my Owl in the Nearby Owls screen of the app on my Android device
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
If you do not see your Owl in the Nearby screen of the Meeting Owl App, reboot the Meeting Owl by unplugging your Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Wait until your Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. If your Owl’s eyes continuously pulse but you do not hear a hoot, contact Owl Labs support.
If you do not see your Owl in the Nearby Owls screen of the app, check the following:
- There is nobody else connected to your Meeting Owl. Only one person can connect to the Meeting Owl at a time.
- Your mobile device has Bluetooth®️ turned on.
- If prompted by the app to enable Bluetooth, select Enable.
- When prompted to turn on Bluetooth, select Allow.
- If you are using Android 6.0 and above, Android requires location services to be turned on in order to discover Bluetooth devices.
- If location services is off:
- At the prompt to turn on location services, select Go to Settings.
- At the top of the screen, switch location services to On.
- Hit the ◄ back arrow on your device to return to the app.
- If location services is already on:
- You will be prompted to grant location access. Select OK.
- Select Allow to allow Meeting Owl to access your device’s location.
- Your Meeting Owl App is updated to the latest version. If your Meeting Owl Pro is on software version 126.96.36.199 or later, you will need to update your Meeting Owl App in the app store to version 2.4.9(1) or later.
If problem persists, try the following:
- If Bluetooth®️ is turned on, try turning Bluetooth ®️ off for 10 seconds, then turning Bluetooth®️ back on by following your mobile device manufacturer’s instructions.
- Follow your mobile device manufacturer's instructions on how to force stop your Meeting Owl app.
Force stopping an app on an Android device is different than closing it.
- Reboot the Meeting Owl by unplugging your Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Wait until your Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot.
- If your Owl's eyes do not pulse, contact Owl Labs Support.
- Reboot your Android device by following your device manufacturer's instructions.
- Check your Android "App Permissions" for Meeting Owl and ensure "Location" permission is enabled (Required to use Bluetooth Low Energy).
- If available, turn off and turn on Bluetooth Scanning.
- Reset Network Settings in your device Settings.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Meeting Owl app.
If the problem persists, contact Owl Labs Support.