How to register your Owl and connect your Owl to Wi-Fi
Follow the steps below to register your Owl and connect your Owl to Wi-Fi. You will need your SSID and password (if any).
You will need to download the app and register your Meeting Owl Pro in order to unlock it, activate your warranty, and run a meeting, but you do not need to connect your Owl to Wi-Fi in order to run a meeting. Why do I need to connect to Wi-Fi?
- Download or open the Meeting Owl app.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list. This may be labeled ""Meeting Owl"" followed by an 8-digit software serial number, or the name you previously gave your Owl.
- Select your Location.
- Select Start.
- Enter a name for your Owl and select Next.
- Register your Owl. Fill in your name, company name and email address and select Register. You will only need to do this once.
Now your Owl is unlocked for use. If you do not want to connect to Wi-Fi and receive software updates, you can skip the next section and complete the setup process.
- Select Connect to connect your Owl to Wi-Fi.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect to from the network list.
If you see a pop up that says Captive Portal Detected after selecting your network, follow these steps. Note that Captive Portals are not supported on Android devices. Please use an iOS device, if available.
- Enter your network’s Wi-Fi password and select Submit.
If your network requires both a username and password to connect, you may have a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Check our support Wi-Fi network list. If you have an unsupported Network, please see if your IT team can create a subnetwork for IoT devices like the Owl to live on. If you cannot create a subnetwork, please use mobile refresh to update your Owl’s software. This is our method for customers who can’t get their Owls on Wi-Fi to update their Owl’s software.