How to set up your Android device as a Wi-Fi hotspot
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
- Go to the Settings menu and tap on More under Wireless Networks.
- Choose Tethering and portable hotspot, then Wi-Fi hotspot.
- If you need to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot for first time use, select that option.
- Input the name you want to give the Wi-Fi network, and give it a password. This must be at least eight characters. You still need this information when connecting the Meeting Owl to Wi-Fi. Then hit Save.
- This update will take about 20-30 minutes, so when prompted, select Keep Wi-Fi hotspot on Always.
- Toggle on the slider at the top of the page to turn the hotspot on.
- Now, you can update your Meeting Owl’s software.
- Remember to turn off your hotspot when the update is complete.