Get started with your Owl
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
Follow the steps below to get started with your Owl.
- Turn your Owl over and plug in the USB cable and power adapter.
- Plug the USB cable into your computer, and plug the power adapter into an outlet. Wait until Owl’s eye stop pulsing, and you hear a hoot. Now your Meeting Owl is ready to use.
- Place your Owl on your table.
- In a small huddle room that fits 2-4 people, place the Owl in the center of the table, at least 18" (0.5m) from the TV.
- In a larger room:
- Meeting Owl (up to 9ft X 12ft, or 3m X 3.5m)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft (1m) from the TV, but no more than 6ft (2m) from the farthest participant.
- Meeting Owl Pro (up to 15ft X 20ft, or 4.5m X 6m)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft (1m) from the TV, but no more than 8ft (2.5m) from the farthest participant.
Feel free to experiment with the placement of the Owl to best suit your meeting’s needs.
- Register your Owl and connect your Owl to Wi-Fi in order to receive important software updates.
- Download the Meeting Owl app on your mobile device.
- Open the app, select your Owl from the Nearby Owls list and follow the prompts to register your Owl and connect to Wi-Fi.
You will need to download the app and register your Meeting Owl Pro in order to unlock it, activate your warranty, and run a meeting, but you do not need to connect your Owl to Wi-Fi in order to run a meeting.
- Open your video conferencing platform and select the Meeting Owl as your video, microphone and speaker. Now you are ready to start your meeting! Your Owl’s eyes will illuminate when video is streaming.
The Owl learns where people are sitting in the room. If a new person sits at the table, or if you speak, then move to another location and speak again, it can take up to 5 seconds for the video to switch. Switching may take longer the further away you are sitting from the Owl. For testing purposes, we recommend testing with multiple people in the room with the Owl.
- How to start a meeting in your video conferencing platform.
- Connect or cast your computer to your TV to display your Owl's video on your TV.