How do I connect my Meeting Owl to Wi-Fi?
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
If you are setting up your Meeting Owl in the Meeting Owl App for the first time and need to register your Owl, you must first register and connect your Owl to Wi-Fi.
Follow the steps below to connect your Owl to Wi-Fi. You will need your SSID and password (if any). Why do I need to connect to Wi-Fi?
- Download or open the Meeting Owl app.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list. This may be labeled "Meeting Owl" followed by an 8-digit software serial number, or the name you previously gave your Owl.
- Under Wi-Fi, if it reads Not Connected, tap that line to connect. If you see your network name listed, it means you are already connected.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect to from the network list.
If you see a pop up that says Captive Portal Detected after selecting your network, follow these steps.
- Enter your network’s Wi-Fi password and select Submit.
If your network requires both a username and password to connect, you may have a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Check our supported Wi-Fi network list. If you have an unsupported Network, please see if your IT team can create a subnetwork for IoT devices like the Owl to live on. If you cannot create a subnetwork, please use mobile refresh to update your Owl’s software. This is our method for customers who can’t get their Owls on Wi-Fi to update their Owl’s software.
If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshoot this issue.