Tips for having the best Owl experience
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
Before you start your first meeting, please make sure the following is true for the best Owl experience.
- Your conference room is not too big. The recommended maximum room size is
- Meeting Owl: 9 ft x 12 ft X 10 ft (3m X 3.5m X 3m)
- Meeting Owl Pro: 15 ft X 20 ft X 10 ft (4.5m X 6m X 3m)
- Your conference room does not have too much background noise. Quieter rooms work better with the Meeting Owl.
- Your conference room has sufficient lighting. Darker rooms can cause noisier images, so more lighting in the room results in a better quality video from the Meeting Owl.
- Participants are sitting within good range for best video and audio performance:
- Meeting Owl:
- Up to 6 ft (2m) from your Owl for best video performance
- Up to 12 ft (3.5m) for best audio pickup performance
- Meeting Owl Pro:
- Up to 8 ft (2.5m) from the Owl for best video performance
- Up to 18 ft (5.5m) for best audio pickup performance
- Meeting Owl:
- You have positioned your Meeting Owl in the correct location on your table.
- In a small huddle room that fits 2-4 people, place the Owl in the center of the table, at least 18” (0.5m) from the TV.
- In a larger room:
- Meeting Owl (up to 9ft X 12ft, or 3m X 3.5m)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft (1m) from the TV, but no more than 6 ft (2m) from the farthest participant.
- Meeting Owl Pro (up to 15ft X 20ft, or 4.5m X 6m)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft (1m) from the TV, but no more than 8 ft (2.5m) from the farthest participant.
Feel free to experiment with the placement of the Owl to best suit your meeting’s needs.
- To start your meeting, join a meeting in your video conferencing platform and select Meeting Owl as your audio and video device.
- After you start your meeting, ensure you have rotated the Owl so that the monitor in your room is split on either side of the 360˚ panoramic view.