Supported Wi-Fi Networks
This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl
Using the Meeting Owl app, you can connect your Owl to the following supported networks:
- WPA2 Personal + AES, TKIP
- WPA Personal + AES, TKIP
- Open Networks
- (Meeting Owl Pro) Captive Portal Networks
- Not supported on Android devices. Please use an iOS device, if available.
- Not recommended since captive portal network authentication expires regularly which will require that you re-authenticate using the Meeting Owl app.
The Meeting Owl and the Meeting Owl Pro both support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz W-Fi networks.
The following Wi-Fi networks are unsupported:
- WEP Networks
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Networks
If you are required to enter a security certificate or both a username and password, you may have an Enterprise Network.
- (Meeting Owl) Captive Portal Networks
Captive portal support is experimental because we are unable to provide a reliable experience across the wide variation in captive portals. The Meeting Owl may be able to connect to some single-page captive portal networks but will not be able to connect to multi-page captive portal networks.
While you may be able to get your Owl connected to a captive portal network, we do not recommend doing so since captive portal network authentication expires regularly which will require that you re-authenticate using the Meeting Owl app.
If you have an unsupported Network, please see if your IT team can create a subnetwork for IoT devices like the Owl to live on. If you cannot create a subnetwork, please use mobile refresh to update your Owl’s software. This is our method for customers who can’t get their Owls on Wi-Fi to update their Owl’s software.